Every handyman (and woman!) needs a properly stocked tool box if they’re going to get their DIY jobs done right.
What does your tool box look like? It could be a 100LT Magyver Tool Bin or a set of clear storage or accessories boxes. If you’re looking for a tool box, think about purchasing a plastic container. Plastic is always a good idea when it comes to storing your tools as it is lightweight, durable, and easy to clean.
And, while you might have specific tools depending on your household tasks and hobbies, there are certain items that should be included in every tool box.
HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR TOOL BOX AND COMPARE IT TO THE FOLLOWING LIST:
- Duct tape
- Screw driver set (Philips and Flathead)
- Claw hammer, preferably with plastic or rubber handles for shock absorption
- Adjustable pliers
- Adjustable wrench
- Chisel set
- Wire cutters
- Utility knife
- Allen key set (also called Hex keys)
- Screws and nails
- Tape measure
- Pencil (for making small markings)
- Level (for the perfect installation)
- Work lamp / head lamp / flashlight (for working in dim lighting)
- Drill (cordless is best as it allows you to move around more freely)
- Hacksaw (with replaceable blades)
- Protective gloves and eye goggles
- This list is by no means complete but it will do very well for the amateur handyman just looking to fix things in and around the house.
Compared your tool box with the above list? Do you really have everything you need, in one place and within easy reach? To avoid frustration and a job that is only half done or not at all, it’s important to organise your tools properly and ensure they are safely stored, ready for the next job.
At Household Plastic (the ultimate plastic store), we have all kinds of storage and DIY items designed to make your life easier.